Energy Startup Preparing To Scale, Seeking Key Software Developer
VCharge is a revenue-stage energy startup with a deployed technology that turns the conventional power grid control model on its head. Our mission? Build a great company that prepares the world to run on 80 percent renewable energy…and have fun doing it.
We’re connecting thousands of devices in the UK to balance the grid as new power sources come online. Success there will open other markets and applications for the technology. We need a software lead who wants their work to have far-reaching impact and who can scale with us in their capabilities and leadership.
- • Accomplished in C/C++ and Python
- • Developer/designer for a deployed, distributed code base
- • Able to manage and evolve a critical production system
- • Demonstrated excellence at troubleshooting distributed real-time systems
- • Mathematically inclined; good at finding elegant abstractions that enable scaling
- • Comfortable in a distributed team and prepared to spend time in the London area
- • Experienced in one or more of these bonus areas:
- ◦ Embedded systems development
- ◦ Ubuntu/Debian Linux
- ◦ Wireless communications
- ◦ Building for scalability on AWS and EC2
- • Energy startup founded in 2010
- • Controlling an 1,800-node distributed commercial power asset in the northeastern US
- • Already proving our technology by serving two US and the UK gridoperators
- • Gearing up for expansion in the Germany and North America
- • Providence, RI headquarters within walking distance of the train station
Inquiries to email@example.com. Please include a CV and Skype handle.